7.11.16

Switching Up Your Style






The clocks have gone back, the cold is drawing in ( a lot quicker than I'd have liked) and that officially means we have to transition from our summer wardrobe to our autumn and winter wardrobe...and fast. 

I do love this time of year, when the leaves are falling, when we get to come home and put on all our layers to keep the cold out and when we get to bring down our favourite boots and knits to pair with almost everything we have in a bid to keep warm. I don't however enjoy the dark nights, how I get home from work and it's pitch black; it seems to make the evenings shorter and make me think I need to go to sleep when in fact it's only 6 o,clock. But with that said the clothes are by far my favourite compared to summer, the chances to layer and the colour schemes just seem to put a smile on my face. 

I will always adore the autumn floral print, much more than the summer florals in fact and this French Connection maxi split skirt from Thackerays is the perfect layering piece for the transitional month. The way it sways behind me when I'm walking and the fact it's the perfect combination between a high street piece and a high end luxe piece means that I don't have to be as conscious when it comes to knowing that not everyone else is going to have it. I enjoy finding things that I know are different and aren't as trend led than a lot of the pieces on the high street, meaning the chances of looking like a clone of the next person is slim and that's the kinda thing I like to buy. I bought this off the shoulder knit to go with the skirt; I loved the off the shoulder trend this summer so thought it to be the perfect transitional style piece to take me through into the colder months. The elegant and sensual connotations of having your shoulders on show is something that I like and with the skirt having a front split and lace trim underneath I couldn't have paired it with a more perfect knit. 

Compared to my usual jeans and a knitted jumper ensemble for autumn and winter this look is definitely a contrast and takes me slightly out of my comfort zone, but I think that's what's great...switching up your style a little every now and again. 











Skirt: French Connection from Thackerays 
Knit: H&M
Boots: Topshop
Belt: Topshop
Rings: Mango 

Caitlin x 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig