10.11.16

Why I'm So Obsessed With This Trend



I have a book in my room called '100 IDEAS THAT CHANGED STREET STYLE' and If you read one of my previous posts about my favourite looks from the streets of London and New York Fashion Week, then you will know all about my obsession for this certain topic. 

There's two pages I always seem to read, which are the ones about 'Punk' style and 'Rock' style. Talking all about leather, zipped details, bright red and anything slightly masculine; all of which were seen on some of the runways for AW16 as well as on the streets worn by people like Pandora Sykes, Alexa Chung, Brooke Testoni and more... a couple of my favourite bloggers and part of the fashion elite. I love the pieces for this trend, the edge that comes along with it and overall the ideology of a rebellion against classic 'ladylike' dressing which we would have once been expected to dress like. I love the fact this trend is fun and doesn't take itself too seriously, as well as the 60s connotations which is always a win to me. 

This red leather mini skirt is a statement and a half and the kinda piece that my wardrobe needed for that ultimate AW16 edge. I like red; the connotations of danger and a slightly sultry feeling makes it a stand out piece and the the kinda piece you'd want to minimise what you wear with it...let the skirt do all the talking. I definitely wanted to inject colour into my autumn wardrobe this year; when I looked at my array of blacks/greys and neutral colours earlier last month I just wasn't feeling the dim palettes and red to me is a colour that goes well with this Christmassy time of year.

 Opting for my new chunky jumper with the tie up detail from Religion and my Shearling jacket worn loosely over the shoulders for that much needed layering extra, ties the look together and creates a chic yet edgy outfit that fits into the Punk Rock trend subtly without being too over the top. 








Skirt: Zara 
Jumper: Religion from Thackerays 
Jacket: Topshop 
Boots: Topshop 
Bag: Mango

Caitlin x 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig