14.11.16

The Statement Leopard Print







When actually deeply thinking about what my style is, I'm  kinda lost for what to say. Style is something that can show character, and for me I don't really have a specific style; I'm sometimes into minimalist wear, I'm sometimes into sportswear and other times I'm into bold prints and statement pieces...all in all what I wear definitely defines me as a person; carefree. I don't believe that style is defined by what's in and what's not and all these so called 'fashion rules' that are about. When you think about fashion rules, you often wonder who really makes them, who decides that certain colours just can't go together and what patterns can go together? I love pattern clashing and have started wearing this jacket with my striped tees; it's not everyone's cup of tea but personally I love the idea of throwing two things together that you wouldn't usually and seeing if it works. 

I've always said this but it's true; I like what I like...it's simple really, if I see something slightly out of the ordinary and a bold statement piece then I know I just have to have it, no matter if the next person has it or not. Fashion 'rules' are forever changing so what's the point in not wearing what you really want to wear. I'm pretty sure I'd rather feel comfortable and happy in my own style than trying too hard to constantly fit in with the expectations of others around me.
Leopard print is a print; if not the print that I've loved my entire life. From being young and owning a pair of pink leopard print leggings to now owning the statement print in numerous forms; bags, shoes, jackets...you name it. It brings out a wild side and can bring any outfit to life on days when you don't feel like styling your self too much. I kept looking at this jacket, online then instore, then online again and was the statement piece I knew I'd have major regrets if I didn't buy. For autumn and winter layering is a must so pairing with a super fluffy slouchy knit and frayed hem jeans; of course adding a belt to cinch in the waist. This outfit pretty much sums up my go-to style; jeans, boots and a statement jacket...I am forever trying to venture out my comfort zone but somehow end up managing to go back to the classic jeans and boots combo; I don't think you can go wrong with it!





Jacket: Zara
Jumper: Missguided
Jeans: H&M
Bag: H&M
Earrings: Mango
Boots: Asos

Caitlin x 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig