30.11.16

It's Okay To Take A Break




What better to keep you warm in Amsterdam than a tweed style, nearly floor length checked jacket? I for one can't get enough of this jacket and felt like some detective strolling through the streets of Jordaan in it. I probably like it so much because of the fact I've never owned anything like it before, and even though It's so simple I think it will be a great minimalist piece for both day and night;especially in the winter!  

Flicking through all my photos from Amsterdam got me thinking just how much better I feel after a few days away; away from work and the early starts, away from pretty much all my regular occurrences (which don't get me wrong I love) but sometimes it's simply nice to take a few days to do something different and have a breather! 

When it comes to this time of year I honestly think it's inevitable to become stressed. Christmas is coming up, the days are shorter and darker and it just feels as though there is so little to do; most of my friends are currently still at Uni and knowing what to do with myself all the time is a struggle. I also tend to loose a lot of motivation with my blog; working 9-5 means that taking blog photos is hard and means I have to rely on people being free at the weekend to take my photos for me. But with that said when the talk of Amsterdam came about, I was totally 100% going and couldn't wait to have a few days to get out of routine and not think about reality.  

Whether simply having a city break, a beach break or just having a few days over the weekend to do something different, it's always nice to treat yourself to some me time, where you feel stress free and can gather all your strength to get back into your normal life. I definitely feel so much more motivated when I have had a short break and can do something I love (exploring Amsterdam and taking hundreds and thousands of photos for example!) 

So for now, at least, I'm feeling happy and relaxed and even more so that I nearly have all my Christmas presents sorted! 






Coat: H&M
Jeans: Asos
Jumper: Zara
Belt: Topshop
Shoes: Asos
Earrings: H&M
Bag: Mulberry 

Caitlin x 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig