7.12.16

Bringing Out The Old


There's really no denying that we tend to push some of our old clothes to the back of the wardrobe, in order to make room for the new. Sometimes we push them so far back we forget we even owned them in the first place...bad I know. This kimono is just the kinda piece I'm on about! I've worn it only a hand full of times and bought it out of impulse in the Topshop sale. My style used to be so different a few years ago and I hardly knew how to style it at the time, hence why It probably got forgotten about. My style however has evolved and when I came across this beauty in my wardrobe after having a bit of a clear out, I couldn't help but have major heart eyes. 

The soft pyjama-esque feel to the kimono, especially paired with a wide leg trouser; which I'd been searching for, for ages and finally came across these super high waisted black ones. The top half is a more skinny fit and I absolutely adore the way they sit on me (definitely one of my favourite finds from H&M). The oriental print on the Kimono, along with the silky fabric reminds me of Spring and lazy days at the weekend spent in my favourite silk pyjamas...what better feeling could you want from an item of clothing?

Talking about bringing out old clothes got me thinking about the times we sit there and reminisce about old memories. It was only the other day I was talking to someone about how quickly things change, and how memories feel like they are being pushed further and further away each day. I know I was always told how quick time would go when I grew up, but I didn't expect it to feel like I'd click my fingers and another year would pass. 

Much like my old clothes, I seem to cling onto old memories, constantly thinking about how things used to be, how good a certain part of my past was and how it will never go back to that. I am forever clinging on to the times I saw my friends every day at school, how we would always be close by and would have every lunch together to sit and chat about sometimes even the most pointless of things. I also think about how me and my mum would go for a coffee every Saturday without fail... such small things but somehow memories I cherish! All of a sudden a year or two has passed, everything has changed, people have moved away and you begin wondering how on earth time has gone by so fast. 

I think sometimes it's important to remember that even though you miss the old times and feel them fading away, new memories are being made and future memories are waiting to happen... 







Kimono: Topshop
Bag: H&M
Bracelet: Vintage 

Caitlin x 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig