9.5.16

A Classic Monochrome Look





For someone who seriously likes casual dressing you could say this formal look wouldn't fit into my regular outfits but it's one of my favourite ensembles and I can't get enough of it. Growing up I've always been swayed by the colour black and I guess it's just something I've always been comfortable wearing; I've never really been a fan of bright colours.

When it comes to Spring the monochrome look does change a little; it doesn't have to be a black jean that you'd wear in the Winter but instead white can take it's place in the form of a paper-bag style trouser. The paper-bag style is something I adore when it comes to a formal trouser; a love of mine is a high waisted fit so it's a straight up win. I love the fact it gives of a cinched in waist effect and the loose and baggy leg makes it a great trouser to pair with heels, such as these lace up Public Desire heels which are a favourite of mine when it comes to going out. Keeping the accessories minimal as per usual so just a Mango chained bag and simple handmade tie ribbon choker makes for a simple statement. 

I always think a monochrome look is so versatile... I often wear this style to work and can work great for both a day time look as well as at night. I'd definitely wear this outfit with a trainer for a more dressed down, sleek and sporty look. 





TROUSERS: TOPSHOP / TOP: H&M / SHOES: PUBLIC DESIRE / BAG: MANGO / CHOKER: HANDMADE / BANGLE: ZARA

Caitlin x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh I so wish I could pull off pants like these, but my hips are just way too big! Absolutely love the bag :).

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig