28.7.17

Coping With Change




At the minute my life is settled, everything is normal yet exciting and everyone who I care about deeply is right by my side. Nothing has really changed dramatically in the past two years, and I love how happy that has made me. I only ever change things when I feel like they aren't working out for me, or aren't giving me any satisfaction anymore...whether that be a change in jobs, style, friends etc. For now though there hasn't been any dramatic changes...but I'm feeling like next year their might be!

Change sometimes scares me. Change sometimes makes me feel anxious and nervous yet sometimes it weirdly excites me for the unknown. But sometimes when things are consistent in your life for a long time, you completely forget what change even is. You forget how you felt the last time change happened in your life and that makes you all the more scared.

One thing however that is changing come September is that my boyfriend is moving away, and while I am so utterly happy for him to be starting the next chapter in his life with a job he's worked so hard to get I'm also feeling kinda helpless to the fact that the norm of seeing him a couple of times a week and being able to go on spontaneous trips won't be as easy. I'ts the kind of change that you can't stop and don't want to stop but at the same time will come with readjusting to what I perceive as 'normal' and learning that new adventures will arise and with in no time at all the change won't even seem that big.

'A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.'

Next year I've made myself some goals, all of which include big big changes in my own life...the kinda change that excite me yet makes my head go scatty trying to come up with a proper plan and wondering If I will even be able to do it. I want an awful lot out of life, and I have the optimistic mind that allows me to think I will get there. I know change will be inevitable, it always is when you want to be happy. But is being comfortable the same as being happy? Because I used to think It did until I grew up and realised 'comfortable' it simply just a state of mind that means we aren't pushing ourselves to be the best that we can possibly be...and I don't want to ever stop pushing myself.







What I'm Wearing:

Top: Missguided
Jacket: H&M *similar
Trousers: Zara
Shoes: Converse
Bag: New Look *similar
Earrings: Zara





Photos by Francesca Partridge 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great post lovely! I definitely think change is important and life would definitely be a little dull without it! Ps. gorgeous photos - love the outfit x
    http://www.cocoamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig