23.6.17

Style: That Festival Look





I hope everyone's week has gone as planned, I'm still not quite sure whether mine has or not. I mean I had a hell of a lot of 'to do's' and I feel like I might have ticked most of them off. One big thing I did manage to get done a couple of weeks ago was to 'update and freshen' my blog, and by that I mean 'change the complete look of Glorious Chic and make it a little more, well, me.' So I hope you are enjoying the changes as much as I am!

I'm pretty sure this whole outfit has been on repeat since I got the coolest fringed leather jacket from Shores the other week. Not only does it make me reminisce about festival season, but it also changed my persona to what I'd say was feeling a little cooler, and edgier ( something I would't really say I ever was...sorry Caitlin you were never one of the cool girls). I'm such a over-thinker when it comes to Summer dressing, I live for Autumn months: layering heavy knits with jeans, boots and a large oversized jacket...so when it comes to dressing for Spring and Summer I feel sort of lost, like I haven't ever really found 'my summer style'. That was until this jacket came along. For a girl who doesn't really wear tea dresses, denim is always key for me when it comes to this time of year, and pairing it with an oversized leather jacket...I feel more me than I have ever done in the Summer. Could 'festival' style be my style for summer?

I have been absolutely desperate this year to go to a festival, so dressing festival appropriate has got me even more in the mood to head to the nearest Summer festival, put on my denim, my band tee, my oversized leather and get to enjoy and listen to my favourite bands while roaming around with that care free attitude (god I love feeling like that.) The last time I went to a festival was Reading, and I've been absolutely desperate to go back to another festival since! I think this outfit would be more reminiscent of Coachella vibes however, somewhere I am dead set on going to in the next few years, and somewhere I can let this leather number have it's big moment.

But in the meantime, with no festivals planned, I will carry on wearing my festival jacket and listening to my 'festival' playlist:


My Summer Festival Playlist:

PVRIS - Smoke
PVRIS - Heaven
Alt J- Bloodflood
Arctic Monkeys- From the Ritz to the Rubble
Arctic Monkeys - 505
Bring Me The Horizon - Doomed
Boston Manor - Laika
Coasts - Your Soul
Darlia - Dear Diary 
Deaf Havana - L.O.V.E
Deaf Havana - Night Drives
Don Broco - Fire 
Foals - Spanish Sahara
Haim- Falling
Lana Del Rey- Ride
Linkin Park - Burn It Down
Little Comets - Bridge Burn
Dua Lipa - Begging
Lonely The Brave- Backroads
Lonely The Brave - Victory Line
The Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather
The Neighbourhood - Cry Baby
Paramore - Told You So
Paramore - Still Into You
Marina and The Diamonds - Radioactive 
Peace- California Daze
State Champs - Secrets
Swim Deep - She Changes The Weather
Turnover - Super Natural
Waterparks - Dizzy
The 1975- Sex



What I'm Wearing:

Jacket: Shores
T-Shirt: Topshop *similar
Skirt: Mango *similar
Earrings: Next *similar



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig